Activities keep students busy over summer

Hailey Brown & Sarah Taylor, Writer & Editor in Chief

Over summer break, there are loads of activities to do and many ways to stay occupied. They range from taking summer classes to summer sports and vacations. Teachers and students use this summertime freedom to take a break from school and get a few months to themselves.

There are classes that are taking place over summer break. For example, the Python Programming Camp will be going on from June 26-28. It will be taking place at 8 in the morning to 12 in the afternoon at Jac-Cen-Del High School. There are limited openings, but if you would like to sign up, here is the link.

Drivers Education is also taking place over the summer. Students should already have their schedules and their driving groups so they will be prepared to start the class. The course will be over by the end of June.

Sports and practices will be taking place very soon as well. Here is the athletic schedule so you can plan ahead if you want to go support your fellow Raiders.

Even teachers’ students are participating in sports.

“All of my kids play summer ball so I don’t have to find anything to keep me busy,” said Mrs. Alyssa Moorman.

Many athletes find that practices and games keep them extremely busy.

Freshmen Lydia Koger, Halee Smith, and Kaylee Werner say they’re all looking forward

to preparing for their fall sports like basketball, cheer, and volleyball.

Aside from school and sports, there are other activities that students can be involved in. For example, they can go to the Versailles State Park and hike with friends or hang out at the pool! Freshman Justin Cole is going to be a summer missionary again so he can teach children about Christianity. There are endless activities and even summer jobs to 

keep kids busy in our area.

The most important thing is to remember to have fun and don’t waste any of your break.