Apps Keep Students Entertained

Bri Marcum, Entertainment Writer

Admit it, we all have those moments where we are working on something on our phone and some random notifications pop up on our screens. We usually just ignore them unless it is a text message, a snapchat from your favorite someone, a message off messenger, or even a facebook tag. There are a lot of games and apps that people do not technically like or even pay attention to on your phone.

Snapchat is a popular mobile app that allows users to send and receive photos and videos. This app is very familiar to everyone and is very popular around the world. This app allows you to draw or insert a text on your picture. It also allows you to keep a streak with someone for however long you want it to be. You would think snapchat would have amazing reviews but it  only has a 1.8 rating, according to Apple’s App Store.

It’s recent update aggravated a lot of people and caused people to write horrible reviews about it. Freshman Justin Cole stated that his favorite app would be snapchat because he had a 120 day streak with his friend and it also gives him something to do when he is bored.

Facebook and facebook messenger are also very popular mobile apps that people all around the world love to use. It allows you to text, talk, and video chat with anyone that has an account. Junior Christina Swing said that Facebook would have to be her favorite app because it allows her to talk to her friends that live in different states.

Social media has become a popular pastime for many of years. Some have been very successful and made millions of dollars while some have epically failed after a few months. For example, Itunes Ping, was a hit for about a month or two but people quit using it because it only previewed the song for 30 seconds. It was also very difficult for people to share the music.