Halloween is in the Season

Following closely behind this year’s Student Council Halloween Dance was Trick or Treating. The dance was held on Friday, October 27. The cost of attendance was $5. As a celebration for the holiday, students competed in a costume contest.

This years group winners were the Hippies and Mario Cart. Single costume winners were exchange student, Paco the Clown and the Mad Hatter.

Students who dressed up for the dance had another chance at showing off their costumes. Trick or Treating was the following Tuesday, October 31.

Many students enjoyed the time spent with their families and friends as they collected candy. “I love candy so going trick or treating is my favorite because you get a lot of candy,” said Katelyn Farrell.

Freshman, Kylie Heppner said her favorite part about Halloween was watching little kids roam around in their costumes. “I remember being that small and being able to be whatever I wanted. It was always so much fun, and seeing the smiles on the kids’ faces makes my day better,” she said.

Getting candy and dressing up isn’t the only plus side of Trick or Treating. Chelsea McIntosh’s favorite part of Halloween was,“The creativity behind creating and putting together a costume; I love creating and making thing.”

Whether it’s dressing up or eating candy, may students enjoyed Halloween.