Prom Planning

Toria Tucker, Feature and Entertainment Writer

Prom seems like an American rite of passage for all teenagers. Everyone goes to prom at least one time in their life. For South Ripley students going to prom this year, April 22nd, 2017 will be a very exciting and fun day.

Walk through for prom starts around seven. This is a time where all prom goers are announced and get to walk through the high school gym in front of parents and anyone else who wants to see the beautiful dresses and handsome suits.

Actual prom starts at nine and ends at midnight of April 22nd. This year, prom will be held at Batesville Knights of Columbus. This is different than last year prom, which was held at the Clifty Inn. Secretary of the junior class, Mariah Gentile, says, ¨We were not able to book Clifty Inn in time, so we had to have the prom somewhere else. Batesville Knights of Columbus is a wonderful place that is known for hosting weddings and proms.¨

mobile-logo.png (530×326)

The parents of junior class plan to put on an after prom. When prom ends, the bus will take everyone back to the school where they will change out of their dresses and tuxes into something more comfortable. Then, after prom will be for two hours. The parents plan on having blow up jumpers, a mechanical bull, corn hole, breakfast, and a giveaway of free prizes.

Many juniors and seniors are gearing up for prom. The boys are planning their promposals and the girls are looking for their dresses and scheduling their hair appointments. Be ready for April 22nd, because prom will be right around the corner.