News Briefs

Guidance – Jack Rork

Parent Teacher Conferences for jr. high and high school will be Oct. 3 and Oct. 4 from 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM. SRES Parent Teacher Conferences will be held Oct. 4 and Oct. 6 from 4:00-7:00 PM. Reality Check for area 8th grade students will be Oct. 20 at Jac-Cen-Del.

High School Academic Team – Jake Brunner

There will be an Academic team meeting during activity period on October 2.

Athletic Dept. – Jake Brunner

Sectionals are coming up soon. The boy’s and girls’ soccer is the week of 10-3. The boy’s game will be at Lawrenceburg and the girl’s will be in Rising Sun. Cross Country Sectionals are on 10-8 at South Dearborn. Volleyball sectionals are at North Decatur on 10-20 and 10-22.

Junior Class – Ashley Jones

Junior Class members will be helping SRES on September 30.  The elementary will be having a movie night at the high school to help raise money for prom.   It will be $5.00 for a snack, drink, and movie ticket.  The Jr. Class recently accomplished the Booked Venue, Knights of Columbus on April 22.

National Honor Society – Elexah  Roepke
There has been a change with the National Honor Society Induction. The new date is on October 24 at 7:00 PM.

National Junior Honor Society – Brittany Pickett

The first meeting for NJHS was held on Friday, September 2.   The students were invited to join Google classroom.  The voting for officers was the week of September 5-9.  Mrs. Melanie Evans is their new sponsor.  Students were reminded to set a good example and to be a positive influence academically and behaviorally.

Principal Dr. David Wintin – Bri Marcum

Mrs. Julie Vankirk will be taking senior students on a field trip to the IRT on Oct. 4 to see The Three Musketeers.  The FFA National Convention will take place on Oct. 20-22.

SAE- Ashley Jones

The students in Student Action for Education are participating in a fundraiser which is selling Tupperware that ends on October 7. The teachers will benefit by receiving goodies and a breakfast from Rolling Pin from the profits of this fundraiser.

Young Confederates – Jillian Scott

The Young Confederates will be preforming at the following times and dates: Music Boosters ATV Ride, October 22 and Kings Island October 29.