Chris Perdue follow up

Toria Tucker, Feature and Entertainment Writer

Brenda Strimple

Chris Perdue just returned from the X Games in Colorado. He participated in two slalom races and the Hannah Teeter race. Perdue placed 7th, 4th and 1st in these events. Perdue said, “My favorite thing about going to the X Games was snowboarding with the professionals.” He met many famous snowboarders, including Shaun White.

Displaying IMG_4394.JPG

Perdue  is like South Ripley’s very own celebrity now. The very proud teacher, Mr. Trace Tucker said, “When I took Chris to the South Ripley basketball games with my other students, he would always say that regular ed students overlooked him to the point of ignoring him. So it is very rewarding for me to see Chris doing so well and receiving so much attention for his snowboarding.”

Perdue will travel all the way to Graz, Austria to participate in the Special Olympic World Winter Games during March 12 through the 24. There will be around 3,000 Special Olympic athletes from 110 nations competing in nine Olympic-type winter sports. He is competing in snowboarding. “I’m most excited to snowboard with my friends and winning medals,” Perdue said. This is such an honoring and one-in-a-lifetime opportunity for Chris Perdue.

Not many people can say they traveled to Austria to compete in the World Games; yet, South Ripley has its very own Chris Perdue say that he did.

Displaying IMG_4395.JPG