SR Holiday Music Concert

Gabii Copeland, News Editor

“We wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!”

The annual South Ripley Jr./Sr. High School Holiday Music Concert took place on Sunday, December 4.

The Jr. High choir went first. They sang four songs. They sang “You’re a mean one, Mr. Grinch”, Angels in the Snow”, “Believe”, and “The Twelve Days of a Regifted Christmas”. Domonic Demeree and Hannah Fomby were featured in the performance. Next was the band. played three songs. They played “Bell Card Rock”, “Adeste Fidelys”, and “Good King Winclas”. Dreama Nuxoll and Carly Zoller directed the band.

The high school portion of the concert started out with the band playing three songs. They played “Christmas is coming”, “Baby it’s Cold Outside”, and “Christmas Eve/Sarajavo 12/24”. Seniors, Mackenzie Black, Ivy Cook, Madeline Smith, and junior, Whitney Copeland were featured with solos in some of these songs. After the band, the Young Confederate Show Choir performed two songs, “‘Zat you Santa Claus” and “Swinging in a Holiday Mood”. After that Confeds, the choir sang three songs. They sang “Holiday Road”, “Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy”, and “Sleigh Ride”.  

Mr. Griffin stated, “Twas a cold winter day in May, when brought into this world was I. From that moment I knew that this concert would be amazing!”